Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Literary Addicts Weekly Meme: Doting on Darcy
If I understand this question correctly, we’re talking about literary crushes! This one is easy for me. It’s got to be Darcy from Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice! Here are 10 reasons why Fitzwilliam Darcy is my “book boyfriend”:
2. He likes feisty women, like Elizabeth Bennet. Brains and personality are more important to him than physical beauty.
3. He’s very loyal to his friends (like Bingley) and family members.
4. He’s played by Colin Firth in one of the movie versions, who is my celebrity crush!
5. He’s responsible, having raised his sister and maintained his home and inheritance following his parents’ deaths.
6. He’s easy on the eye and very handsome in the saddle!
7. He’s rich. I’m not shallow but, hey, that’s a bonus!
8. He has a house I would LOVE to live in. Pemberley is beautiful, although I wouldn’t want to clean it!
9. He has a sexy English accent.
10. He tolerates difficult in-laws. He doesn’t force Elizabeth to divide her loyalties by snubbing her silly mother or sisters.
How much do I love Darcy? I even have a T-shirt that says: “Dibs on Darcy -- You Can Have Wickham!” Now, hop around to read about other bloggers’ literary crushes!