The Touched (The Descendants #1)
by Jennifer Weiser
Publisher: Limitless Publishing
Release Date: September 29th, 2015
The first sixteen years of Arabella Penthallow’s life have been a lie…
In a world where deception is the key to survival, Ara has kept up the charade of being a perfect Legion Leader’s daughter. But a darkness stirs, and she discovers she is Touched, a mortal gifted by the Gods. The Touched are as rare as they are feared, and Ara is forced to leave Union City for neighboring Midnight City to protect herself and those she loves, leaving Tove Thorn, the boy who has always known her heart, behind.
Carter Decker has vowed to burn Union City to the ground…
Midnight City’s cocky, infamous bad boy always gets what he wants, and he wants Union City to pay for burning his mother alive because she was Touched. When Carter meets Ara, she is everything he’s been taught to hate. Then he learns she is Touched—just like him—he isn’t sure who he hates more…the Touched girl whose father killed his mother, or himself for being tempted by someone he’s sworn to kill.
They are told they’re fated to be soul mates…and they each wish the other never existed.
When Midnight City is attacked by Union City, Carter and Arabella will do the unthinkable…even if it means falling for the enemy. The truth lies in Arabella’s home nation, and Tove is waiting. Soul mates or not, he has an advantage Carter doesn’t, fated souls be damned.
War is coming…and Ara is the prize.
Note from Susan: The author sent me three amazing Top 10 lists, so I'm including two here and will print her Top 10 Tips for Writing a Novel in a separate post tomorrow!
Jennifer Weiser's Top 10 Favorite Books of All Time
1. The Selection—Kiera Cass (though, I’m going to go ahead and say the entire series! Beyond epic!)
2. Sweet Evil—Wendy Higgins (again, the entire Sweet Series—but if I had to pick a favorite, Sweet Evil will always shine brighter than the rest.)
3. Throne of Glass—Sarah Maas (It should go on record that I basically love all the books in this series … but if I was ever stranded somewhere, this is the series I would want with me.)
4. Splintered—A.G. Howard (How can you not love Alice in Wonderland retellings?)
5. Vampire Academy—Richelle Mead (Huge Dimitri fan … but Rose, how I wish I was fierce like Rose.)
6. The Hunger Games—Suzanne Collins (Hands down, I am a Hunger Games nerd. “May the odds be forever in your favor!”)
7. The Collector—Victoria Scott (Who doesn’t want the bad boy to become good?! Dante Walker changed my life!)
8. Fire & Flood—Victoria Scott (I love Victoria Scott. Every book she writes is gold!)
9. Obsidian—Jennifer Armentrout (I most definitely would want Daemon Black to save me. And, of course, call me Kitten. What girl doesn’t?)
10. Starcrossed—Josephine Angelini (This series! Epic on so many levels! So many levels!)
Jennifer Weiser's 10 Top Places She Would Like to Visit
1. Rome, Italy
2. London, England
3. Athens, Greece
4. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5. Verona, Italy
6. Pompeii, Italy
7. Edinburgh, Scotland
8. Nimes, France
9. Versailles, France
10. Naples, Italy
Follow the The Touched by Jennifer Weiser Blog Tour and don't miss anything! Click on the banner to see the tour schedule.
Jennifer Weiser is a young adult author who has always been a book nerd and a bit chocolate obsessed. Writing has always been a favorite escape, but quickly became a passion not long after the birth of her daughter. When she isn't combing the shelves of her local book stores or blogging about her newest book obsessions, you can find her nestled in her nook creating worlds she hopes that one day will inspire her daughter, who not only has given her the courage to follow her dreams, but offers the inspirations that help color their worlds together.
Win (1) signed paperback of THE TOUCHED by Jennifer Weiser (US Only)
Win an ebook copy of THE TOUCHED by Jennifer Weiser and some signed swag (INT)
Win a $10 Amazon Gift Card from Amazon.com (INT)